Julie and Karl Mjelva bought Hotel Union Geiranger in 1899. The industrious family also established a car factory, a power plant and a cooker factory in the area. Hotel Union has been extended and restored a number of times.
What was left of the old wooden hotel was demolished in 1979. The hotel has since been extended to include a modern course and conference department, swimming pools, a new top floor with 13 suites, a vintage car exhibition, a nightclub, a spa section and new activities on offer both indoors and outdoors.
The great Union atmosphere, of quality and service across generations, continues with hosts Monja and Sindre Mjelva. They are the fourth generation of hotel hosts.
• 197 rooms
• 17 of which are suites
• Bar and nightclub
• Free wireless internet
• Congress/conference and event department
• Spa: large, professional spa section
• Indoor and outdoor pools
• Separate children’s pool
• Children's playroom/activity room
• Gift shop
• Vintage car museum
• Variety of indoor and outdoor activities
• UNESCO World Heritage area
• Charging station for electric cars